Floor coverings in contemporary design are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The leading place among this chic assortment is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of rich selection of textures and colors, such flooring appear magnificent and stylish, and match with almost any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only with their presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain https://1popechi.ru/ stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and organic solid wood, therefore it’s frequently employed as the primary element for decorating flooring.
One of the positive properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat does not wear off and does not lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature changes, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The material is impermeable to water, so it’s not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mould;
- superb thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the machine”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at high temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles are not inferior to floors made of natural wood or stone.
However ideal this substance is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate may include:
- The large price. The product, which can last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in operation, these prices are certain to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
So far, tile below the laminate is produced of two types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The very first version of the coat is acquired by the technologies of monocottura.
This sort of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it’s produced of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The result is a durable and beautiful ending material.
The two types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are available.